I know that I've said "I don't think I've ever been this busy before" before but it really feels true this time.
Yesterday's schedule, for example:
7-8am: drive to class (I am going to a class an hour away for these 5 weeks because it was the only one available)
8am-1pm: lab & class with 2 10-minute breaks
1pm-2pm: drive to work from school
2pm-5:30pm: teach painting class
5:30-6:30pm: grab dinner with Shawn, catch up on our days, and breeeeathe
6:30pm-10pm: teach another painting class
10:30pm: arrive home and begin working on paper for my online class that's due at 1am
So if you've emailed or texted or facebooked or commented and I haven't responded... well, you know why. :) Oh, and I've also put my Etsy shop on vacation indefinitely. It makes me sad, but it just had to happen right now.
With that said, here are some of the highlights and lowlights of the week:
• Looking up from chemistry notes to see two deer munching on our backyard. Beautiful.
• Learning about the incredibly intricate design of the body for hours every day. God is just so REAL. I don't understand how you can explain the human body as a cluster of cells that just kept developing. We didn't just happen. We were created. And Creations need Creators. Enough said.
• Studying on the front porch with a tall glass of orange juice and a fresh stack of notecards. I really love being a student again.
• Coming home from work to a perfectly clean home with candles lit by my precious husband, and having the computer all set up to start working on a paper. He could not be more supportive. I love him for that.
• Having time in the car on the way to and from school to catch up with sweet friends and family on the phone.
• Getting in the shower only to discover it won't get warm and our hot water is out. Getting out with cold wet hair. Yuck.
• Paying well over $1,000 to have all new tires and brakes put on my car. Necessary? Yes. But not fun.
As you can see, I'd definitely say that the good outweighs the bad, even if it's in the little things. It's really all about perspective anyway, right?
Life is so beautiful if you breathe it in and look around at all you've been given.
God is so unbelievably good.