...was a great day to be alive.
• I got a library card and spent 3 solid, glorious hours on the library floor with stacks of books all around me.
• Before obtaining said library card, I accidentally walked into a police station, thinking it was a library, then saw a man in cuffs being escorted through the hall and realized there were no books. My face turned red and I headed out the double doors that said "Police" in large letters across them. How could I have missed that?
• I started reading The History of Love by Nicole Krauss and cannot put it down. Or stop thinking about it. Or talking about it.
• I picked 5 squash, 3 tomatoes, 2 okra, and thumped on 5 watermelon, but didn't hear the hollow sound I needed to pick them.
• My dad treated me to a wonderful lunch today of almond-encrusted goat cheese salad with mango and strawberries and cherry dressing.
• I found a huge batch of restaurant plates, saucers, coffee mugs, and the like at a thrift store for 25 cents each.
• I came home to a cozy home, a cup of tea, and a happy husband. Life couldn't be better.
What made your day wonderful today?