Friday, May 4, 2012
My early graduation present from my parents was... drum roll, please... an ice cream maker! I'm so excited about it and think it's the absolute perfect gift for this growing pregnant girl who's about to spend a long, hot summer in sun dresses eating sorbet. (That's the plan, at least.)
My first creation: watermelon sorbet.
So easy and so delicious (adapted from this food.com recipe).
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lime juice
3 cups watermelon
1. Cook the sugar, water, and lime juice together, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and chill.
3. Cut up the watermelon and remove all seeds.
4. Puree in a blender or food processor.
5. Stir into chilled syrup.
6. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7. Pack into an airtight container and store in the freezer.