My Picnic Blanket Skirt.
Sunday, June 9, 2013
Since watching Great British Sewing Bee, I've been really inspired by one contestant - Tilly - and her inspiring sewing blog. Her picnic blanket skirt tutorial caught my eye, and I set out to make one myself.
mint pique fabric and my own fabric covered buttons. In the process, I somehow grossly overestimated how large the waist should be, so I actually made it a wrap skirt (thought you can't tell in the photos). The top button is functional, along with a hidden button on the inside of the waistband, but the rest of the buttons are just for looks. Next time I make it I'll use correct measurements and make all the buttons functional. For now, though, I loved this first attempt. I do have one correction to make - the top button is sitting glaringly off-centered because, for some reason, I put the buttonhole in horizontally instead of vertically. I'll fix it soon and it'll be officially finished.
Thanks, Tilly, for such a great tutorial!