Dear Pinterest-loving, design-blog-following friends (that's you, right?),
I need your expertise.
Since moving into our house 5 months ago, we've yet to buy one single rug. The only rugs that even exist in this house are two bathmats.
So, considering our entire house is hardwood floors (with tile in the bathrooms), it's time. Time to buy a rug. (It feels very "adult" of me to talk rug-buying, much less actually purchase a rug. They're just about the last thing I ever want to spend money on.)
We want to start with the living room.
1. $60 Craigslist find from a few weeks ago. It's a mustardy gold velvet. Yum.
2. The blinds on both windows are about to go. We're thinking white plantation-style blinds (we need them to be able to close at night because we're very close to our neighbors) and/or possibly curtains as well.
3. Another gold velvety chair that our neighbor just gave us a few weeks ago. She's like our other chair's mustard cousin. Not sure she'll stay there forever. It's a bit of mustard overload.
4. The cutest photobomber I ever did see.
5. The verse painting I did, though we're looking for something else (a little larger and brighter) in this spot. Perhaps a New York or Chicago map framed?
6. This couch definitely needs some color. Maybe I'll make a couple more throw pillows.
7. Remember this chair? Never knew it would find such a perfect home in Raleigh.
So back to rugs.
I really only have two stipulations:
1. It has to be under $200. I just can't come to grips with spending any more than that (though these Anthro rugs are all so tempting).
2. No chevron. I like chevron (obviously), but I have a feeling it's a home decor trend that may be on its way out.
Here are a few ideas I have so far:
|Star Tile Rug ($199)|
|Jute Rug ($153.99)|
|Flourish Tile Rug ($89, but possibly too small for the space)|
|Maples Fretwork Rug in Charcoal ($127.49)|
What do you think? A more flat, woven-style rug? Something more plush and comfy under your feet? No rug at all?
Are there places online that I should definitely look?
I'd love to hear your votes...